Tuesday, December 14, 2010

The Last Ride

Last Friday, December 10, 2010, I took my last ride on The Chrome Nun. With temps in the high 40s I drove my car home at lunch and rode the motorcycle back to work. When quitting time came the temps were low 50s so I made that ride home last until well after dark.

Snow was forecast for the weekend, and it came. This is St. Louis and occasional warm winter days are not uncommon. But seeing my covered motorcycle surrounded by the white stuff is a very unhappy experience.

We don't have a garage this winter so I can't even visit The Nun unless I fight the cover off and stand out in the cold. I'm resisting storing her because I'm counting on those odd ride-worthy days.

The forecast says the temps will creep up to just above freezing this weekend. Unless it's extremely windy I'll probably go for a ride in town. It won't be comfortable and it won't be too much fun but an uncomfortable ride is better than no ride and withdrawal is a bitch.

No comments:

Post a Comment