Saturday, February 5, 2011

Wonderful Winter Ride

So far this winter I have never had to wait a full two weeks between motorcycle rides.

It snowed this morning and covered the roads, making them very hard to navigate by car.  But by this afternoon the plows and hot sun left the roads mostly just wet and slushy. So I went for a long ride in the slush. It was a blast.

I conclude every winter ride with a stop at the car wash to spray off the road salt. The carwash lot was surrounded by hard-packed snow. I had to ride through it coming and going. The Sport Demon Tires are useless on snow. I wish I'd bought the Tourance tires. I certainly will next time.

The photo is from an apartment or condo complex near Creve Coeur Park. Moments before I parked the bike to take the shot an adult male bald eagle flew over me. I have since seen a pair of eagles at Creve Coeur Lake annoying the waterfowl.

No comments:

Post a Comment