Sunday, February 28, 2010

Boring ride report, last day of February, 2010.

It isn't that the ride was all that boring, but that there really isn't much of anything to report. I didn't go around the lake. I just rode around town from thrift store to thrift store looking for a plain red woman's head scarf.

I like to wear a slick scarf around my neck when I'm riding, to protect my neck from my helmet strap and the collar of my jacket. Between looking at scenery and watching out for other drivers I'm a real bobble-head when I ride. And that can chafe the throat very quickly.

Well-worn cotton bandanas aren't bad but super-slick headscarves are better. The only problem is that the standard slick square headscarf that every woman owned when I was a kid is now pretty much fashion-extinct.

I have a square red headscarf that I bought at a thrift store but it isn't plain. It has a kind of checked pattern. I want a plain red one. the one I have is also not the slickest material available, either. I want the slickest material, whatever that is.

I visited three thrift stores and found many scarves, but not a plain red one.

It's in the lower 40s today so there were other motorcycles out. I rode for a little while yesterday but it was only in the high 30s so I was alone.

On my way home today I visited some friends:
Oh no! My bike is the same color as a cow!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment