Sunday, March 27, 2011

Moving to Motorcycle Paradise

In a couple of weeks the Nun and I are moving to a "cabin in the woods" near High Ridge, Missouri. Actually it's a wood-siding modern house on the edge of a subdivision in the woods, but let's not split hairs.


The roads around there are motorcycle paradise; both for the hilly twisty 2-lane roads and for the beautiful scenery. The terrain is too hilly and rocky for most kinds of agriculture, but not for fruit orchards and horse farms.

My new place of employment is about 15 minutes from my new home, by way of hilly twisties. The ride home will take much longer, and will be by a different route every day. I have many miles of new (to me) roads to explore.

And what timing! Spring will be in full swing soon, and every path will be filled with the scent of blossoms. Plus, I now get to pursue a mini-hobby I've wanted to pursue: charting the northward progress of armadillos into the St. Louis area.

Oh, and I'll have a garage again, so when the weather is too crummy to ride the bike, I can work on the bike instead.

This is going to be the best riding season ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment