Monday, March 15, 2010

Commutism

I rode Bonnie to work today for the first time this year. It was 43 degrees when I left home and a little colder in a few spots along the way. I live in a fairly small town and work in an even smaller town. The 12 miles between them are mostly cornfields. Of course, there's no corn right now. In fact, it's a whole lot of flat nothing around here.

You don't need a photo of Central Illinois in March. Just draw a horizontal line and pretend it's the horizon. That's most of our scenery around here.

On my way home this evening I'll take some back roads. There's a few curves and a couple of inclines that the natives think are hills. That's like how people in arid areas call creeks "rivers."

I sure do miss the terrain around St. Louis.

No comments:

Post a Comment