Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Perfecto!

I always wear a Perfecto style motorcycle jacket (Think Marlon Brando in The Wild One). The Perfecto was designed for motorcycling. It's a very functional motorcycle jacket and I see no reason to use any other kind. There are some very comfortable synthetic jackets but no synthetic fabric is as tough as good old leather.

When I get a new jacket I always remove the belt and anything tied to the zipper pulls. I also remove the liner and pocket pouches and use the zippers as vents in hot weather. When it's really hot I ride with the jacket front unzipped. In cold weather I wear a sweatshirt or two under the jacket.

The big double breasted overlap in front stops the wind and the Perfecto even sheds rain pretty well.

One big advantage to the Perfecto style jacket is that there are many good imitations, so you can find one for about $100.00. A real Perfecto costs about $500.00.

My jacket is black, my boots are black, my (full-coverage!) helmet is black, my gloves are black and my chaps are black. My motorcycle is black and white.

I also have a white helmet for night riding in town. And my wife's helmet, jacket and gloves are white.

No comments:

Post a Comment