Monday, October 25, 2010

St. John's Gildehaus

Gateway Riders and Shadow Riders both had a sausage-fest at St. John's Gildehaus on their ride calendars. I don't ride with groups but thought it would be fun to see a bunch of bikes. The weather forecast was T-storms but the radar was clear so I headed out to Highway T and beyond.


It was a glorious day for riding but a bit windy. I hadn't been on highway V since spring, when it was a mess of patches and busted pavement. Now it's brand new blacktop all the way to Union, and it's one smooth sweet sweeper.

No bikes at the church and the line was too long for me so I explored instead. St. Louis Rock Road starts at V and heads back toward town. It's a lovely top of the world ridge-runner. It's patchy but my new Sport Demons didn't care.

After ride inspection found some oil leakage at valve cover gasket. I didn't do anything unusual on this ride so I have no idea what the problem is. Back to the shop for warranty work.

No comments:

Post a Comment