Saturday, October 23, 2010

Too Busy Riding

I haven't written many entries to this blog lately because I've been too busy riding. That will change with the weather. Soon I will write more than ride.

Last weekend I took my wife on a tour of my favorite recently discovered rides. Over two days we rode more than 100 miles on wonderfully bad twisty roads, crossed three rivers, rode three ferries, in two states and five counties. We saw great scenery and an unearthly circling flock of pelicans over Calhoun County, Illinois. I avoided the boring Great River Road and its endless parade of noisy Harleys, preferring to spend my time on mostly empty back roads.

This weekend it's threatening to rain. Very sad. It's a full moon and the autumn foliage is at its colorful peak. I might have to risk getting the Nun wet and road-dirty. She's due for a bath anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment