Friday, January 7, 2011

New Triumph Service Center in St. Louis Area

In the St. Louis area we have had only Donelson (St. Ann, MO) and RPM (Belleville, IL) as authorized Triumph service centers.

Moto Europa has opened shop on 3410 Locust St. in downtown St. Louis, MO. They are apparently run by the folks who run RPM, and they do have authorized Triumph techs.

I was recently given the following quotes for 12,000 mile service on a 2008 T100:

Donelson:  $450.00 - $500.00  parts and labor
RPM:  $360.00  
Moto Europa:  $450.00

And Moto Europa said they'll pick up the bike at no extra charge. Now I'm suddenly not so upset about the inevitable bad weather coming. When It looks like I won't be able to ride for a couple of weeks I'll have Moto Europa pick up my bike and do the 12K service.

(I'll just pretend the $90.00 difference between RPM and M.E. is a $45.00 charge each way for pick up and delivery. It saves my wife having to make two trips to Belleville and saves me waiting for days off work with good enough weather to ride the bike to and from Belleville.)

My warranty is up April 17, 2011 (the bike's a 2008 but I bought it in 2009) and I want to do a good shakedown cruise after the 12K service to check everything out.

I also want the tech to break loose and re-torque the camshaft bolts, even if the valves don't need re-shimming, because I heard the bolts are super hard to loosen the first time but not bad on successive servicings. And I'll probably do most of my own service after the warranty is up.

No comments:

Post a Comment