Friday, January 7, 2011

Two-wheel snowmobile

I rode yesterday in a light snow. It didn't stick on the ground but it made my face shield a mess.

I had already discovered that Pirelli Sport Demons are not snow tires, so I go home when things start getting slick.

Around dusk the evening before I was riding around the vicinity of Creve Coeur Park and saw two herds of deer. And they saw me. Deer sure do love motorcycles. They stop and stare, and sometimes approach me.

One time in Chatham, IL a deer walked right up to me, looking me up and down intently. Then he peered into my face shield and saw that I had a face configured like that of a predator. He jumped back and ran away at top speed.

I didn't take any photos during the last two rides because it was too cold to carry the camera. I wish I'd had it when I was stopped, watching the deer watch me. Maybe next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment