Friday, January 7, 2011

Product Review - Echo Quick Release Helmet Buckle


My new helmet is comfortable but fastening and unfastening the strap was a big hassle. The D-rings are flat and harder to use than round stock D-rings. And the strap has a snap to keep the strap end from flailing in the wind, but it's hard to thread the snap through the rings.

I decided to try the Echo Quick Release helmet strap fastener. And I'm so glad I did. I can fasten and unfasten my helmet strap in a snap. I love it. After a few test rides I cut off the excess strap and left one non-flailing inch.

I was worried that continual use might wear out the working surfaces but I've used this gadget for a full year and it still holds solidly. And I see no sign of wear on the latch surfaces. But even if it crapped out now, I WOULD BUY ANOTHER ONE!

That's right. If they only lasted a year I'd just buy a new one every year. I already got my money's worth. And it's still working great! I paid about ten bucks for mine but now I see them priced around seven or eight bucks. I'm going to buy two more; one for my other helmet and one for my wife's helmet.

This gadget is so convenient. Anything that makes it easier to use my riding gear is a good thing. Some of my past gear was so much trouble to put on that I actually decided against riding sometimes just because I didn't want to go through all the hassle of getting ready. Do you ever leave your helmet on at the store just because it's a hassle to remove and put back on? Get an Echo Quick Release!

IMPORTANT NOTE: The Quick Release works with straps up to 1" wide. I don't see a wider version on their website.

No comments:

Post a Comment